Team members from AMPATH, Mace Foods and Purdue University discuss collaborative research plans in Eldoret, Kenya.
Funding opportunities from the Horticulture Innovation Lab
The Horticulture Innovation Lab does not currently have any open calls for project proposals. Please note that our program does not accept unsolicited project proposals.
Though not a researching funding opportunity, graduate students at UC Davis, North Carolina State University, University of Florida and University of Hawaii at Manoa are currently eligible to apply to participate in Trellis Fund projects. Please see the Trellis Fund webpage for more information.
Future funding opportunities
We will continue to post future requests for proposals (RFPs) and other funding opportunities to this page.
If you would prefer to be notified directly of future opportunities, please subscribe to our email list.
Help us review proposals
We are continually seeking qualified external reviewers who can provide expert evaluations of project proposals that the Horticulture Innovation Lab is considering for funding. If you would like to share your expertise and provide reviews of project proposals, please sign up to become a reviewer for the Horticulture Innovation Lab.
Find a project partner
Many of our funding opportunities require collaboration between an international team of researchers, practitioners, businesses, and government agents, along with leadership from a U.S. university researcher as the project's principal investigator (P.I.).
To aid in the process of finding new partners, we maintain a list of people interested in collaborating on future horticulture projects, for your use. You may want to use this list to:
You may also want to add your name to our list of potential collaborators:
These lists are publicly available and can be used by anyone. This list is not a representation of the Horticulture Innovation Lab network. You may also view a list of our partners here, though it is important to note that the Horticulture Innovation Lab continues to add new collaborators to our research network.
Previous requests for proposals (RFPs)
These requests for proposals are provided for information only, as these deadlines have passed.
- Concept notes: Integrated animal-horticulture systems Summer 2016
- Mission Service Project Proposals - Summer 2016
- IPM for Nematode Control - Winter 2016
- Trellis Projects - Winter 2015
- Five-Year Proposals - Summer 2014
- Trellis Projects - Summer 2014
- Trellis Projects - Winter 2013
- Trellis Projects - Spring 2012
- Focus and Continuation Projects - 2011
- Comprehensive Projects - Summer 2011
- Trellis Projects - Spring 2011
- Three-Year Pilot Projects - Summer 2010
- One-Year Exploratory Projects - Summer 2010
- One-Year Immediate Impact Projects - Winter 2009