This one-page fact sheet provides an overview of the Horticulture Innovation Lab Regional Center at Kasetsart University in Thailand. See the Regional Center at Kasetsart University webpage for more information.
The Horticulture Innovation Lab Regional Center at Kasetsart University serves Thailand, Bangladesh, Nepal and Cambodia by providing:
- Training for farmers and horticultural professionals
- Technical assistance and innovative technologies
- Curricula and material development
- Information dissemination
The center brings together key regional players with Kasetsart University in Thailand and other Horticulture Innovation Lab partners to improve livelihoods of smallholder farmers and small businesses in Southeast Asia.
Highlights and activities
- In Cambodia, the center has led trainings in partnership with the Royal University of Agriculture.
- In Bangladesh, the center has led trainings with partners Helen Keller International and the Feed the Future Bangladesh Agricultural Value Chain Program.
- In Nepal, the center has led trainings with International Development Enterprise (iDE).
- Each year, the center supports the International Vegetable Training Course led by the World Vegetable Center.
- The center also supports a D-Lab course to teach development-focused problem-solving, design and dissemination to Kasetsart University students.
- The center has an active steering committee with members from throughout the region representing academic institutions, NGOs, researchers, AVRDC and USAID.
- The center officially opened in February 2012.