This presentation, delivered by Marco Wopereis with the World Vegetable Center, outlines the current strategic plan and proposed future plan for the World Vegetable Center.
- Projects drive the research agenda and look at part of the innovation process (D, P or S)
- Themes are disciplinary in nature and ‘constituted’ from (parts of) projects
- Theme leaders have no clear role, other than reporting
- There is no clear link between discovery research, piloting research and scaling activities
Proposed future approach:
- Innovation clusters (D <-> P <-> S) drive the research agenda
- Projects provide the fuel for the research agenda
- Themes are outcome-driven and the sum of innovation clusters
- Theme leaders steer the innovation process
- Clear links between discovery research, piloting activities and scaling activities
This presentation was given at the 2017 Horticulture Innovation Lab annual meeting in Antigua, Guatemala.