When: March 3-9, 2017
Where: Antigua, Guatemala
In 2017, the Horticulture Innovation Lab held its annual meeting events in Antigua, Guatemala. The events brought together the program's international team, local horticultural experts, and development practitioners.
- Regional Horticulture Conference (March 6)
- Workday (March 7)
- Field tour (March 3-5)
- International Advisory Board meeting (March 8-9)
FIELD TOUR BEFORE THE MEETING (INVITATION-ONLY)
Friday, March 3 – Sunday, March 5: Principal investigators and partners participated in an optional field tour before the annual meeting, to visit farm sites where Horticulture Innovation Lab-supported research or outreach is taking place.
- March 3: Visit to Centro de Paz Bárbara Ford in Santa Cruz del Quiche
- March 4: Farm visits in Nebaj (Tzalbal and Xecoxo)
- March 5: Chichicastenango market and return to Antigua
Wednesday, March 8 – Thursday, March 9: The Horticulture Innovation Lab's International Advisory Board members met in the days after the annual meeting. Materials for this meeting were sent directly to board members.